Get started with online poker
If you want to get started playing online poker, there are a couple of things you need to know. Poker is a game of skill. Now we are not saying that there is no luck involved - actually there is - but the truth is if you want to make money, there definitely is a learning curve.
5 Golden Rules when you get started playing poker online
- Choose your poker room wisely - read our reviews before you choose the site you will play at
- Start out with play money to familiarize yourself with the rules and the game itself, then start out a the lowest real money level
- Spend a lot of time reading about poker strategy. Know which starting hands are good in which situation, know how to play them in which position at the table. "Tight is right" is the best advice for the novice, and your relative position is very important for your decisions.
- Use a good bonus offer for your first deposit, or even use a free bankroll offer such as the one by 888 Poker. They will give you $88 for free just for signing up! Click here to go to 888 Poker now.
- Manage your bankroll carefully. Have at least 100 times, better 200 times the amount of the minimum betting amount for the level you are playing at.
The best websites to play online poker for beginners
Well, one website we already mentioned. That is 888 Poker, where the $88 free bankroll promotion lets you play with real money right away, without having to deposit. And you will later get another bonus when you deposit money of your own, which will double your money. This provider does not accept players from the US though.
Once you reached a point where both your skill and your bankroll enables you to play at higher levels, we recommend Bet365. They are part of the biggest poker network in the World - huge tournament prize moneys and extreme action on any money level can be found here. This is truly a site for high rollers, and the use the best poker software (Playtech)! No US players accepted though, unfortunately.
Their bonus is 100% on first deposit, up to €1 00 - but be sure that you use this bonus link or the banner below and bonus code COACH100 when you sign up.
Best websites for US poker players
Due to the legal restrictions ins the US, you do not have so many choices. Most operators have pulled out of the US market, and a regulated online gambling market in the US is still a thing of the future - at least for most states.
That said, currently your best options are BetOnline and Carbon Poker. Click on one of the banners below to visit their sites, or read our reviews for both those operators here: Betonline Review and Carbon Poker Review.